Der englische Text (über LinkeIn verbreitet)
From 2013 – The Amazing Green Building
We all know, especially the Qataris, that Brazil will be hosting the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Brazilians have undoubtedly been doing a great job to make this world’s premier sporting event as environment friendly as possible. From among the various Green Buildings commissioned in 2013, Brazil’s Castelao Arena Football stadium is the most fascinating, especially for sports lovers.
Recently completed in Fortaleza city of north-eastern Brazil, as the first of the 12 venues to be completed, Castelao Arena became the first World Cup stadium to earn LEED certification in November 2013. It is expected that during 2014 FIFA World Cup over 60,000 fans will be witnessing every match along with enjoying and praising the sustainable features of this LEED certified stadium. As reported by USGBC (United States Green Building Council), some of the key features of this stadium are listed here:
- Water Use: Stadium design accommodates a 67.6% reduction in potable water consumption, and a 71.9% reduction in the volume of potable water directed to the local sewer system.
- Energy Consumption: Through smart-building optimization, the stadium will reduce annual energy consumption by 12.7%. An ongoing information-sharing tool works to maintain this level of efficiency in years ahead.
- Construction Waste Reduction: During the stadium’s construction, 97% of all waste was diverted from landfills and reused or recycled.
- Event Waste Reduction: Strategically positioned central waste disposal units are set to store and recycle event waste, including paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and metal.
- Indoor Environmental Quality:
- A monitoring system ensures the continuous thermal comfort of guests.
- Low VOC materials were used throughout, and 100% of sealants, paints and coatings used internally comply with acceptable limits.
- Lighting design enables 97% of all individual workstations and 100% of all shared spaces to be individually controlled.
Brazilians have indeed done a significant effort in making FIFA 2014 World Cup an event which shall promote sustainable environment concept and showcase it to all the sports lovers during the New Year 2014.
->Quelle: trender-greenenergyliving.com; Übersetzung: ho